Call Committee Team
It is a privilege and a holy responsibility to serve on a Call Committee.
All who serve should be committed to:
- Praying together and seeking God’s guidance.
- Discussing and discerning frankly and collaboratively with one another.
- Keeping in mind the wholeness of the congregation’s ministry, mission and vision, and not just one or two constituencies.
- Being open to considering carefully all pastoral candidates.
- Being conscious and supportive of the present and future mission priorities and needs of Cross of Christ.
- Develop a process to guide the Committee’s work including:
- Ground rules to guide the group’s functioning
- Discussion of a process regarding second interviews, Plan B, information to be shared with the congregation along the way, etc.
- Confidentiality, mutual respect, integrity, speaking the truth in love
- Familiarity with pastoral roles and responsibilities (or commitment to put in the time and effort to learn about these)
- Able to make a 5-7+ month commitment to the work of the Committee
- Able to commit to a minimum of two meetings monthly
- Ability to understand and honor the ethic of professional confidentiality
Meet our Call Committee
To learn more about the Transition Process please see the articles linked below. More information will be coming soon.