Call Committee Team
It is a privilege and a holy responsibility to serve on a Call Committee.
All who serve should be committed to:
- Praying together and seeking God’s guidance.
- Discussing and discerning frankly and collaboratively with one another.
- Keeping in mind the wholeness of the congregation’s ministry, mission and vision, and not just one or two constituencies.
- Being open to considering carefully all pastoral candidates.
- Being conscious and supportive of the present and future mission priorities and needs of Cross of Christ.
- Develop a process to guide the Committee’s work including:
- Ground rules to guide the group’s functioning
- Discussion of a process regarding second interviews, Plan B, information to be shared with the congregation along the way, etc.
- Confidentiality, mutual respect, integrity, speaking the truth in love
- Familiarity with pastoral roles and responsibilities (or commitment to put in the time and effort to learn about these)
- Able to make a 5-7+ month commitment to the work of the Committee
- Able to commit to a minimum of two meetings monthly
- Ability to understand and honor the ethic of professional confidentiality
To learn more about the Transition Process please see the articles linked below. More information will be coming soon.