Together in Faith: Milestone Ministry
Together in Faith is…a time for parents and children, from age three to grade five, to share the Sunday School Hour two or three times a year. It connects families around the basics of Faith: Bible, Prayer, and Worship. It builds each year to nurture living, growing faith in our children. Together in Faith is…an experience that draws parents and children close to each other in their faith and encourages them to make time for faith activities at home. It is also a time to prepare children for leadership roles in worship that correspond with their current learning and skills. This year our Together in Faith classes will be even more interactive with growing our faith through at home based activities. This year we will be meeting briefly with families on Sundays (time will vary) over zoom with Pastor Kathy and her friend Thomas, and then families can work through their Faith at Home packet throughout the week. Classes will still have the opportunity to volunteer and lead worship. Links for the zoom will be emailed to each family. If you have questions about our Milestone Ministries or need access to the zoom link please contact Pastor Kathy.
Three and Four Year Olds with Parents: “Praying Together”
- November 7 & November 14
- This will be a joyful time of playing and praying, when our children will show us how they talk to God and learn how God talks to them.
Kindergartners and First Graders with Parents: “The Lord’s Prayer”
- February 13, February 20 & February 27
- This is a time for learning more fully the meaning of this prayer that Jesus gave us.
Second Graders with Parents: “First Communion”
- Cross of Christ celebrates an open table for the sacrament of Holy Communion. Everyone is welcome at the Lord’s Table, including children. We believe that this is a family decision as to when a child is ready to take their first communion. To help families with that decision we provide first communion class instruction to students in 2nd grade and for older youth and families who would like to and have not yet received first communion instruction. Whether they have already taken communion or not, this is a chance for them to appreciate and understand more deeply the mystery of Holy Communion. Our First Communion Celebration will be during the Maundy Thursday worship service on April 1. This year we are inviting the 3rd grade class to join for our first communion instruction because they were not able to have their first communion class due to the Covid shutdown last year.
Third Graders with Parents: “Opening the Bible”
- January 9, January 16 & January 23
- This class will be a time of serious fun. Through work and play, we’ll discover not only how to find our way around the Bible, but how to make reading the Bible a vibrant part of our daily lives. Fourth Graders who did not get to complete this class last year due to Covid shutdown are welcome to join us as well.
Fourth and Fifth Graders with Parents: “Apostles’ Creed”
- September 26, October 3 & October 10
- Fourth & Fifth Graders have entered a new stage of competence and understanding of what they believe and they’re eager to share their beliefs with others. This will be a time to learn “The Apostles’ Creed” and to talk about what we believe